Just a quick post tonight. I love black beans and use them whenever possible. They are especially great for making vegetarian meals that satisfy picky meat-eaters like my father. These black bean rissoles are a great substitute for when you just don’t feel like eating meat.
These black bean burgers are super easy and yummy. I’ve only got photos of the finished product, because the in between stage looked kinda gross. Like regular mince rissoles you can adjust the flavour combinations to suit you. Chuck all of your ingredients into a large bowl and mash everything together with a potato masher. When it has reached the consistency of hamburger mince, form it into patties. Fry with some olive oil on a medium heat until mostly firm and slightly blackened on the outside. Serve with salad and bread (or just salad).
Ingredients (makes about eight rissoles)
- 2 (400g) cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup of oats or breadcrumbs (I used the leftover bread crumbs from my arancini INSERT LINK)
- 2 tbsp of steak sauce
- 2 tbsp of barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- Chuck everything in a large bowl and mash it together with a potato masher.
- When it has reached the consistency of hamburger mince, form it into patties.
- Fry with some olive oil until mostly firm and slightly blackened on the outside.
- Serve with salad and bread (or just salad).