So just a quick post on dinner because I forgot to take photos while I was cooking (oops). This baked fish is adapted from this recipe.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion chopped roughly
1 400g can of diced tomatoes
1 green capsicum
1 green pepper
1/4 cup corn kernels
1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1 cup of whey (optional)
2 medium sized pieces of fish (I used tuna)
1 cup couscous
1/4 cup sultanas
3/4 cup liquid whey
1/4 cup boiling water
1/2 cup of chickpeas
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Heat up oil in an oven-safe frying pan and cook the onions in the oil until they’re soft and slightly brown.
- Dice veges and chuck them in the frying pan with the herbs. Coat everything in the herbs.
- Add the can of tomatoes. If the mixture is already quite thick add enough of the whey to thin it out.
- Simmer until veges are soft.
- Put the fish in the sauce then put the whole frying pan in the oven for 10-15 minutes depending on what kind of fish you’re using and how thick the piece is. Check it every five minutes or so. It’s ready when you can pull it apart easily with a fork.
- While the fish is baking start making the couscous.
- Heat up the 3/4 cup of whey in the microwave until hot. Top it up to a cup with hot water.
- Put the couscous, whey/water, and sultanas into a heat safe bowl mix it up a bit then cover the bowl with a plate.
- When all the liquid is absorbed mix in the rinsed and drained chickpeas.
- When the fish is done serve it with the couscous and bam! It’s done.